The Sphere Engine Problems API offers the ability to manage and use programming problems for automated verification of programming skills in processes such as recruitment, education, e-learning or training.
When creating a programming problem, you can specify many of its aspects, including:
- description of the problem,
- assessment type (e.g. maximization, minimization),
- test cases (i.e. data used to test solutions), consisting of:
- input data,
- reference output data,
- judge program (the component responsible for determining the correctness of the test case solution),
- master judge program (the component responsible for the final evaluation of the correctness of the solution).
By submitting a problem solution we can specify:
- the source code of the program,
- the programming language.
Data available after the process of evaluating the solution include, among others:
- the verdict regarding the correctness,
- score (in the case of optimization problems or problems assessed partially),
- execution time,
- memory consumption,
- data streams containing:
- generated output data,
- runtime error,
- warnings and compilation errors,
- additional information written by the judge programs.
programming skill assessment, programming problems, programming challenges, learning programming, teaching programming